Friday, May 18, 2012

Pretty good news!

Greg's transplant coordinator just called to let us know his biopsy
was a 1 - which means he doesn't have to be treated for rejection and
they don't have to make any changes to his anti-rejection medications.
Something else did show up on his blood work that is concerning, so
he'll be going in on Monday to have more blood work done.

I only have a very vague understanding of the issue with the blood
work and I don't want to say anything that isn't true (or do research
on the internet because that always is full of worst-case scenarios!),
but the coordinator is not panicked at all, and she didn't tell Greg
to come back from his camping trip that he's on (his annual trip to
Cook Forest with his dad), so those are all good signs.

When we get some more answers, I'll let you know. In the meantime
please pray that God would give me a sense of peace throughout the
weekend and that I would be diligent in not letting my mind stray or
worry about things I don't understand and can't control. Also, please
pray that whatever is showing up on his blood work would miraculously
resolve or have a simple medical solution.

Greg is feeling great and he looks great - so those are great signs!

Thanks so much,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment