Thursday, January 14, 2010

From Elise

Hey everyone,

The doctor's office called today and Greg's surgery is scheduled for this Monday. We go to the hospital at 5:45am. I'm not sure what time his surgery will start exactly but it'll be a 4-6 hour surgery. I might bring a laptop to the hospital so that I can update people- but I don't want to make any promises b/c I'm not sure how I'll be handling everything emotionally (and writing updates is often a little emotionally taxing). But at the very least I'll be calling my parents with updates and I'm sure they'd love to update everyone for me (thanks mom and dad!)!

Tomorrow Greg is getting a PET scan, Friday is his pre-op appointment at the hospital, and then it's just waiting out the weekend.

We did find out that Dr. Lefrak (Greg's surgeon) is a world-renowned cardiothoracic surgeon, and actually is the one who started the cardiac surgery unit of the hospital 20-30 years ago! Everyone we've talked to has RAVED about his credentials. What an answer to all of our prayers! Thank you for praying that Greg would have a good and kind doctor this time- the Lord has answered our prayers beyond our imagination!

Thank you for your love and prayers for us.

Love,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment