Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's all this going to cost?

For those of you who are interested I wanted to briefly explain what Greg and Elise will need to pay for his surgeries. The short answer is a lot.

Greg's insurance has two categories of out of pocket maximums. One category has a $5,000 cap which he will certainly hit. The other has a $10,000 cap which he may hit as well. Their expenses will not exceed $15,000 for covered services in any given year.

So, for services provided in each of 2009, 2010, and 2011, their out of pocket expenses will be somewhere between $5,000 and $15,000. For 2012 and beyond, assuming there are no further complications Greg's share of his total medical expenses will likely be $5,000 per year.

That of course is a large amount for them to bear, while still a small fraction of the total cost of a heart transplant. If you'd like to see some eye popping numbers for the total cost of heart transplant surgery, this is the most detailed site I have found.

In all they are facing, I'm sure I'm sure it would be a blessing to know that the money for these bills is provided. If you chose, there is a link to the right where you can contribute to their account with Campus Crusade. From that account Greg and Elise can reimburse 100% of their medical expenses tax free. You can be certain that your gift will benefit them directly. I know Elise has many other things on her mind right now so if you have any questions about this feel free to write me directly at tim.henderson@uscm.org. I'd be happy to help however I can.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment